Technical writing services
Do you need someone to research and write your documentation?
My technical writing services include online content, user manuals, procedures, summaries and reports. When writing for you, I can gather the information for you or use the information you or your staff provide.
The technical writing process starts with a planning meeting to discuss the audience, purpose and timeline of the publication. I aim to deliver a clear and well-structured documents that bring across your ideas and information to your readers in a format that is easy to understand.
I have worked on:
- computer software manuals
- training manuals
- fact sheets
- check lists
- technical documentation
- online content.
I will ensure that your technical documentation:
- accurately explains the problem being solved or the procedure
- presents the concepts clearly
- is logically structured and easy to navigate
- is easy to revise and update.
I have worked on technical documents for several organisations and government departments in Canberra. Main skills include:
- technical and scientific writing
- substantive editing and copyediting
- back-of-book indexing and embedded indexing in MS Word
- MS Word document formatting
- MS Word template design
- EPUB conversion services
- HTML and CSS, Notepad++, WordPress
- MS Excel, Access, Visio and SnagIT.
You can engage my technical writing or editing services for a short or long term, on-site or off-site. Costs are calculated at an hourly rate. Please ask about rates and availability below.
I have a basic security clearance for Australian Government departments.